We require prior approval for consignment items. Please send a photo along with the following information, to our e-mail address: email@example.com
- Age (how old it is, not just how long you have owned it)
- Overall Condition. For Upholstery—is there any fading, staining, fraying, tearing, odor, etc.
Additional helpful things to include in your email:
- Material/Wood Type
- Price Expectations – original price (if known) and price you hope to sell for?
- Is your home pet and smoke free?
- Are the items clean and ready to sell?
- Are there any missing pieces?
Once your first items is approved, we will establish your consignor account. Here’s how it works:
- One-time signup/administrative fee of $25 for your first item.
- 60-day consignment period for each item.
- Pricing Structure consists of two 30-day periods; 1)the original price and 2)markdown of 25% from the original price.
- Even (50/50) split of final selling price.
- Payouts within 72 hours after your item sells.
- Payouts will be made via PayPal, Venmo, or Zelle.
- Consignor credits that can be used for purchases if desired instead of receiving a payout.
- You are the owner of your consigned item for the full 60 days. If your items does not sell, you have three days to pickup your item. On the 64th day, your item becomes the property of The Scrap Yard.
- A fee of 25% of the original selling price is charged for early withdrawal of all consigned items prior to the 60th day.