WESTFIELD ARTISAN MARKET 2021 VENDOR AGREEMENT
RULES AND GUIDELINES
The market is organized and governed by The Scrap Yard. The market is held every Sunday from Noon until 4pm beginning May 2, 2021, through October 24, 2021; a total of 24 Sundays.
The site for the 2021 Westfield Artisan Market will be The Scrap Yard located at 17379 Little Eagle Creek Ave., Westfield, IN 46074. Electricity is not provided.
The Westfield Artisan Market is designed to encourage, develop, and support entrepreneurs and small businesses. We believe that there are so many talented and local vendors who have products and services that will be in high demand once introduced to the market in a setting such as this. We are looking for vendors who understand that we can all grow our businesses together and we encourage vendors to learn about each other to better cross-promote available goods and services available at the market. Our consistent message to the public will be to shop local and support small businesses. We will also help promote local charitable organizations to best help those in need in our community.
The Market Manager is the on-site coordinator who oversees the market and has the authority to assign vending space, answer questions about permitted goods and other regulations, collect fees and enforce the policies as described below.
VENDOR PARTICIPATION OPTIONS AND FEES:
The options and fees for vendor participation are:
- Full-time (24 Sundays)
- Vendor must commit to attending all market dates for the season.Vendor may request up to two (2) excused absences on the application form.
- Full-time fee is $480 per 10 x 10 vendor space for the season.Average cost is only $20 per week for the season!
- The total amount due will be paid in three installments:$160 upon vendor approval, $160 on June 20, and $160 on August 15, 2021.
- Part-time (12 Sundays)
- Vendor may request the 1st and 3rd OR 2nd and 4th Sundays for each month during the season. Every effort will be made to accommodate individual vendor’s requested schedule but is not guaranteed until confirmed by the Market Manager.
- Part-time fee is $300 per 10 x 10 vendor space for the season.Average cost is only $25 per week for the season!
- The total amount due will be paid in three installments:$100 upon vendor approval, $100 on June 20, and $100 on August 15, 2021.
- Monthly (6 Sundays)
- Vendor may request the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th Sunday of the month. Every effort will be made to accommodate individual vendor’s requested schedule but is not guaranteed until confirmed by the Market Manager.,
- Monthly fee is $180 per 10 x 10 vendor space for the season.Average cost is only $30 per week for the season
- The total amount due will be paid in two installments:$90 upon vendor approval and $90 on August 1, 2021.
GOODS NOT PERMITTED FOR SALE:
The Westfield Artisan Market will not accept the following items/vendors:
- Firearms, ammunition, or weapons of any kind
- Live animals
- Flea market items
- Any items illegal to sell in Indiana
The Market Manager has final authority over items allowed to be sold. The above list may not be all inclusive so please ask if in doubt prior to the market.
REGISTRATION TO SELL:
All vendors must submit this signed agreement and registration fees before setting up on the market premises and selling any goods. Vendor fees are non-refundable. The Scrap Yard reserves the right to decline vendor applications as we see fit.
To ensure a diverse market, The Westfield Artisan Market reserves the right to accept vendors according to the demand for their product, number of vendors selling the same product, and number of spaces available. The Westfield Artisan Market does not offer exclusivity for any vendor, company, brand, or products sold.
SPACE RESERVATIONS AND SITE SETUP:
Vendor space is considered a 10 ft. x 10 ft. space. Spaces are assigned by the Market Manager. Please note that specific or requested booth locations are not guaranteed. The Market Manager has the final say on booth locations. The market will be filled first by Full-time vendors and any spaces still available will be open to Part-time and Monthly vendors.
Tables or displays may be used, as long as all items for sale, used for display or owned by the vendor are contained within his/her designated space(s). Tables or displays must not be a hazard to the public or other vendors. The Market Manager reserves the right to remove any table or display that is a potentially dangerous hazard to the public or another vendor. All tents, canopies and the like must be weighted for safety.
Vendors must provide their own booths, tents, tables, displays, chairs, table coverings, signs, and weather protection equipment. All vendor equipment must be clean and in safe condition. Electricity is NOT provided.
ATTENDANCE AND TARDINESS:
The Westfield Artisan Market is dedicated to providing a consistent, high-quality, friendly, diverse, well-staffed, and well-stocked market for our customers.
- All vendors are expected to honor the participation schedule established in their contract.
- In the event of an absence from a scheduled market for any reason, vendors must notify the Market Manager as soon as possible. Please include on your application any planned absences.
- Multiple unexcused absences or tardiness may result in forfeiture of vendor space and fees for the remainder of the season.
- No refunds will be given for dates the vendor does not attend.
SET-UP AND TEAR DOWN:
- Vendors may arrive any time after 10am. Vendors MUST arrive to their assigned space no later than 30 minutes before the market is scheduled to begin.Vendors should be completely set-up and ready for selling by 11:45am.
- Please unload products and supplies near your assigned vendor space, park your vehicle in the designated vendor parking, then return to unpack and setup your booth.
- For the safety of customers, the area designated for unloading will be blocked off by 11:30am and reopened at 4:15pm.Vehicles are not permitted on the grass.
- Vendors will not be allowed to drive vehicles back into the market area until 12:15pm or after the last customers have left the area.Please do not drive to your area until your booth is completely taken down and all items are ready to load.
- Vendors MUST leave their booth space clean and free of trash and debris.Dumpsters are NOT to be used by vendors. All waste, broken down boxes, and trash must be hauled away by the vendor or placed in the designated disposal area if provided.
- The market MUST be vacated by 5pm.
SELLING AT THE MARKET:
- Pricing/Labeling: Vendors must accurately represent their products with prices and proper labeling.
- Sales Staff: Minors (under 18) working at vendor booths must be supervised at all times by an adult (18 years or older)
- Customer Refunds: Products sold can be returned for exchange or refund while that day’s market is open.
- Hawking: Vendors are not permitted to hawk their products or harass customers in any way.
- Music: Westfield Artisan Market supplies all music or entertainment during the market.
- Selling Out: Should a vendor sell out of their products at any time prior to the close of the market, they must maintain their booth in full set-up and may not tear down until the market closes.
- Close of Market: Vendor booths must remain open and ready to serve customers until 4pm and vendors are required to stop selling at the close of the market.
MARKETING AND VENDOR PHOTO RELEASE:
The Westfield Artisan Market will advertise and promote the market. Vendors agree to use their own social media sites to promote the market to their followers and customers. Vendors shall permit photographs and video recording of their booths and employees. These materials will be used by The Scrap Yard and The Westfield Artisan Market on their social media sites to promote the vendor and market.
WEATHER AND CANCELLATION:
The Westfield Artisan Market is a rain-or-shine market. We operate on a regular schedule even in heavy rain. We have made a commitment to be open the published dates and times and it is important for all vendors to be present, even in inclement weather, so customers know they can shop the market each and every Sunday during the season.
However, we take the safety of our customers, vendors, and volunteers very seriously. Market manager will monitor the weather leading up to and during each market day and reserves the right to close the market at any time for the safety of vendors and customers.
COMPLIANCE WITH HEALTH, SAFETY AND RELATED LAWS:
Vendors and their employees are responsible for informing themselves about and complying with federal, state and local health regulations and licensing requirements governing the production, display, distribution, sampling and sale of their products. If vendors offer samples of processed or non-processed items from their booth, all Health Department rules and regulations apply. The sale of food items requires proper labeling, which must contain product name, preparation site, ingredients, net weight and price. If selling goods by weight, the producer must have a legal produce scale, which is subject to inspection by the County Department of Weights and Measures. Any vendor selling wine and spirits must follow rules outlined by the Alcohol and Beverage Commission. The Scrap Yard is not responsible for non-compliance fines, seizure or other penalties imposed by a regulating body.
SALES TAX AND BUSINESS LICENSE:
It is the responsibility of each vendor to obtain a Registered Retail Merchants Certificate and to tax and remit sales tax as legally required by Indiana according to type of items sold. Vendor is responsible for obtaining and certifies that they have all appropriate business licenses or permits required to legally sell their items. Local, state, and federal laws supersede any and all market rules and it is the vendor’s responsibility to ensure their products are in full compliance with all regulations.
GROSS SALES REPORTING AND COMMUNICATIONS:
Vendors will be required to report gross sales each week following the market. This information will be used to help grow the market and to better understand market trends. The Vendor site will contain a link which allows you to ANONYMOUSLY report your sales.
INSURANCE REQUIREMENT AND IMDEMNIFICATION:
All vendors must have their own general liability insurance. The producer or vendor is solely responsible for damages resulting from the sale of unsafe or unsound goods, in addition to any accidents occurred while at the market. He/she agrees to indemnify and hold harmless The Scrap Yard, K.D. Landscaping, Kurt DeLong, its employees, agents, shareholders, and members from all liability claims, actions, loss or damages which may be incurred because of all claims, demands, costs, judgments or expenses, including, but not limited to attorney’s fees and related cost of litigation, arising from the producer’s participation in the market.
- Vendors may bring leashed pets to the market. Vendors must ensure that their pets are not interfering with customers or other vendors.
- Smoking is prohibited at the market.
- Protesting is not permitted within the grounds of the market.
- All vendors who are cooking or heating food must have a fire extinguisher at their booth. Vendors who are frying foods in oil or grease must have a Class K fire extinguisher at their booth.
- Rough, menacing, vulgar, profane or abusive language and/or sexual harassment will not be tolerated.
- No political or religious campaigning.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE RULES OR ANY TERMS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT MAY BE CAUSE FOR EXPULSION FROM THE MARKET.
If you have trouble with the application for any reason, please feel free to send your information via Messenger, e-mail to email@example.com, or call us at 317-490-2427. Thank you!!